Wednesday 20 May 2009

Aunty Mary's chocolate biscuit cake


Hey hey!  It's been a little while since I last stopped by, but this scrummy recipe will make up for it I hope!

I was in Ireland for the weekend to see my grandparents, and had hoped to get something from duty free for my team at work (as is tradition!  Usually biscuits, sweets &c)  However, it rained so heavily on Monday that I only just made my flight (after sprinting from security!) and didn't have time for duty free.  And so, still wanting to bring something Irish into work I thought I would make my Aunty Mary's chocolate biscuit cake...

Verdict: mine turned out quite runny (although it worked fine last time I made it) - next time I'll use 11 - 12 oz of biscuits

Aunty Mary's Chocolate Biscuit Cake
(Measures are in ounces)

Ingredients:
12 oz milk chocolate
4 oz butter
1 tin of condensed milk
10 oz rich tea biscuits, broken into bits

Directions:
1) Melt butter, 6 oz chocolate and condensed milk in a saucepan over a low heat.
2) Add to the biscuits.
3) Put in a lined tin and refrigerate overnight or until set.
4) Melt the remaining 6 oz of chocolate over a pan of simmering water and pour over the biscuit cake.
5) Leave to set and then cut into rectangles.


3 comments:

  1. this is also good: 8oz plain choc, 2oz butter: melt together, add 4 tblsp double cream, 8oz crushed oat biscuits, 2oz raisins, 2oz glace cherries (or more if you can stop Alex eating them all!)chill and then cut into pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. easy recipe that tastes very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just made this..omy god.. heaven,,so easy...everyone in my house is loving it

    ReplyDelete