Saturday 23 May 2009

Very Syrupy Flapjacks (a bank holiday bake!)


How better to spend a May bank holiday than outside? (Even if it is cloudy / pouring with rain!)  Tomorrow I'm off to a picnic on Hampstead Heath and, being the baking queen that I am, felt obliged to bring something yummy and sugary along...

Verdict: very very sweet and quite soft, but still my fail-proof recipe!

Flapjacks
From cookies biscuits & biscotti by Linda Collister (given to me by my fellow baking Queen!)

Ingredients:
150g margarine
120g light brown muscovado sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
180g porridge oats
30-40g sultanas

Makes about 10

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 150 degrees C
2) Heat margarine, sugar and syrup gently in a medium-sized saucepan, stirring occasionally until dissolved.
3) Remove from the heat and stir in oats.
4) Spread evenly in tin (18 cm square, well-greased).
5) Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden.
6) Remove, cut up and leave to cool in the tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment