Monday 4 May 2009

Raspberry & white chocolate muffins

Something truly scrummy had to be made to mark my number 1 post, and I think these did the trick!


I made these for the first time last week, adapting a recipe I found on one of my favourite foodie sites - www.allrecipes.com ... however, after succumbing to an offer of 2 packs of raspberries for the price of one, I ended up putting the whole lot into the muffin mix and having muffins that were more raspberry than muffin :-s

Today I tried again (and limiting the fruitiness, as good for you as it may be!)...

Ingredients:
250g plain flour
1 tbsp (15g) baking powder
1/2 tsp (3g) salt
150g white sugar
1 egg
235ml milk
4 tbsp (60ml) oil (vegetable, eg)
170g raspberries
225g white chocolate

0) Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees C
1) Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
2) Beat the egg, milk and oil in a jug
3) Add to the dry ingredients, and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined (try to get rid of any large lumps in the batter)
4) Break the chocolate into small pieces and add with the raspberries.  Stir until just mixed in to the batter

5) Divide the batter into a 12 hole muffin tin (with paper cases)
6) Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden
7) Leave to cool on a wire rack... or if you can't wait that long, eat with a spoon while still hot!

Chocolatey goodness!

1 comment: